Good morning, and welcome to Wednesday.
- The Archdiocese of Milwaukee will pay $21 million to compensate 330 victims of childhood sexual abuse. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, “The agreement brings the total amount spent by the Milwaukee Archdiocese on its sexual abuse crisis over the years to more than $70 million.”
- Tonight, people will gather at the Sikh temple in Oak Creek for a candlelight vigil to mark three years since a white supremacist shot and killed six people during a worship service.
- WisPolitics reports Gov. Scott Walker will sign the Bucks arena bill into law at the Wisconsin State Fair on Wednesday, Aug. 12.
- With a mere five full months to go before the Iowa caucus, Gov. Walker will participate in the first Republican presidential primary debate tomorrow night on Fox News.
- Tomorrow night, Jon Stewart will bid farewell to The Daily Show in a special one-hour episode.