Several well-known brands branch out for Summerfest 2018, including a new mini-stage, complete with flowing beer taps, the smell of sausage and acoustic grooves.
Klement’s Sausage & Beer Garden
As if there wasn’t enough beer and music at Summerfest, Klement’s is bringing them side-by-side at the new Klement’s Sausage and Beer Garden. It’ll be on the north side of the grounds, between the U.S. Cellular Connection Stage and Uline Warehouse in the Ethnic Village.
Picnic tables and cushioned chairs in the lounge make up the seating options. Smells from nearby barbecue grills will waft over, enticing patrons to order Klement’s sausages and cold brews while listening to acoustic local music like the mandolin-infused Harmonious Wail on June 28, West-African influenced Oumar Sagna and Sindoolaa on July 7, and two-time Wisconsin Area Music Industry Guitarist of the Year Evan Christian on July 1.
The quickly expanding BelAir Cantina is opening a Henry Meier Festival Park location this summer. It’ll offer plenty of its a-traditional Cali-infused Mexican fare, including tacos, nachos, esquites, guacamole, house salsas, plantains and horchata ice cream.
You can find the cantina in the middle of the grounds near the children’s playground and Elizabeth “Bo” Black Family Fountain, straight inside through the Mid Gate.
Cedar Crest Frozen Custard
Ron Strube, the VP of operations and general manager for Cedar Crest, said that Summerfest CEO Dan Smiley had been wanting to offer custard for quite some time. Now, Cedar Crest is delivering.
“It was the right time to do it,” Strube said. “We’re offering something different [at Summerfest].”
You can get a scoop — or two, or three, or five — at its new location by the Uline Warehouse in the North Market.
Right out of the gate, Cedar Crest offers six flavors — Butter Pecan, Caramel Cone, Mint Mackinac Island Fudge, Peanut Butter, Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla — all of which will hopefully be available for festers this summer.
If you’re more interested in traditional Cedar Crest ice cream, you can still get it at Cedar Crest’s original location, near the children’s play area at the center of the grounds — which is where Gilles Custard had been, back in the day.
Also new this year…
– You can already get sweet pretzels from Auntie Anne’s at the northern end of the grounds, but a second one is coming just down the road by Harley-Davidson Roadhouse.
– A new Sil’s Doughnuts station is opening near the Miller Light Oasis.
– Offering wine, cheese and sausage, and (don’t worry) some beer selections, a second Summerfest Corkscrew will be popping up near the U.S. Cellular Connection Stage. The first Corkscrew, which opened last year, is just inside the South Gate. They both open at 2 p.m. each day.
– Cotton candy, ICEEs, popcorn and candy will be sold out of Little Sweetie’s Specialty Treat Wagon on the Lake Walk.
– Get your caffeine fix from two Red Bull stations by the BMO Harris Pavilion and at the North Market Area. They’ll also offer popcorn and water.