Good morning, it’s suddenly November.
- The Journal Sentinel has the latest on the Wisconsin State Legislature’s attempts to limit open government in Wisconsin. An editorial further examines and criticizes the months of actions taken to make government less open. (Note: see this month’s Perspective essay on open government in Wisconsin, which was posted online today. Find it here and in the November issue of Milwaukee Magazine.)
- In a story published today, the Guardian says Milwaukee is “home to a booming underground sex trade economy.”
- Rep. Josh Zepnick (D-Milwaukee) was arrested for a DUI.
- Sheriff David Clarke was one of the guests on UpFront with Mike Gousha this week, discussing new legislation regarding firearms. WisPolitics has the full show recap.
- The new Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, made the rounds on Sunday morning talk shows to discuss his new role. The Washington Post takes a look at what he had to say.