The Laughing Taco, known for its lineup of street tacos and a sibling of the East Side’s Ardent, is offering something a little different, with help from Chicago’s Big Kids sandwich shop. The Milwaukee taco joint is hosting a Big Kids sandwich popup on Sunday, June 27 (noon-5 p.m.) at the The Laughing Taco in Walker’s Point (1033 S. First St.).
Before I tell you about the pre-ordering that you should do for this popup – because only a set amount of each sandwich will be available on the day of the event – you need to know about these sandwiches. There are five:
- The Grynder $(13) has three kinds of Italian cold cuts, fennel salad, provolone, roasted garlic mayo, bitter orange marmalade and baby arugula on French bread
- The Space Torpedo ($13) is a mix of turkey, pastrami, zesty pasta salad, melty provolone, roasted garlic mayo, “shreddy Letty,” red wine vinegar and onions on French bread
- The Greens Melt ($12) features greens (rapini, kale, chard), Swiss and aged balsamic “or something” on Texas toast-style thick bread
- Italian beef ($13), with shaved beef “off the Trompo Spit” (used to make spit-grilled pork tacos) giardiniera, garlic mayo and possibly cheese on French bread
- The Larry, a chili cheese dog featuring Carlisle beef hotdog, crispy Chihuahua cheese, no-bean chili, jalapeño nacho cheese and pickled jalapeño
Also available are different flavored potato chips, and an array of beverages: brandy old fashioned slushy, Purple Drink slushy, beer, Mexican sodas and Topo Chico