This issue is the official MilMag guide to the finest that Milwaukee’s suburbs have to offer, from Cedarburg to Franklin, Stallis to Lake Country.
That includes the mouth-watering donuts at Cranky Al’s in Wauwatosa, which we shot for this cover. Plus, the Middle Eastern cuisine at Taqwa’s Bakery and Restaurant in Greenfield. And the cornucopia of games at The Garcade in Menomonee Fall’s. Not to mention the pure nostalgia of The Kiltie Drive-In in Oconomowoc. We could go on. With over 100 picks, you’re certain to find some new places that spark your interest.
Milwaukee Magazine connects you with the most trusted and enduring local businesses. Here, we introduce you to the people whose hard work makes these businesses successful.
The April issue also includes:
- A profile of Frederick Law Olmsted, the legendary landscape architect who helped shape Milwaukee when he built Lake, Washington and Riverside parks
- A deep dive into Milwaukee’s reckless driving epidemic
- Five can’t-miss movie recommendations from the upcoming Milwaukee Film Festival
- A guide to new spots for a delicious breakfast in the city
- Where to get the best Easter chocolates