President Obama's SCOTUS nomination, budget troubles for Paul Ryan, political victories for the Black Lives Matter movement and more.
Good morning and welcome to Wednesday.
- Former State Representative Tamara Grigsby passed away this week. She was 41. Grigsby represented Milwaukee in the legislature from 2005 to 2013. Statements from fellow legislators poured in from across the state yesterday. You can see them here.
- President Obama is set to nominate Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. SCOTUSblog looked at Garland as a potential nominee in 2010. You can watch the president’s announcement at 10 a.m. here.
- The Black Lives Matter protest movement scored political victories in Chicago and Cleveland yesterday.
- The House Freedom Caucus is blocking House Speaker Paul Ryan’s proposed budget.
- It’s going to be extraordinarily windy today.