A pesky floating bog, a stomach-churning app for doctors, and rich people.
We’ve got lots of cocktail party banter bits in today’s Morning Links.
- The Gray Lady reviews Trevor Noah’s first night as new host of The Daily Show.
- This year’s batch of MacArthur Genius Grant recipients has been announced. Matthew Desmond, a Harvard sociologist, won for his work studying evictions in Milwaukee. In 2008, local urban farmer Will Allen was also awarded a Genius grant.
- The CEO of Uline Corp would like the state to kindly push away a floating bog that is disrupting lake access on his Chippewa Flowage property.
- Forbes released its list of richest Americans today. New to the list this year is Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who made more than $16 billion last year alone.
- There is an app for doctors and other health care professionals that enables them to share photos of the various diseases, injuries and other “medical oddities” that they come across on the job.