A new Democratic Party chair, Scott Walker's conservative allies, a troubling ranking for Wisconsin, and unexpected places to have a few drinks.
Good morning, and welcome to the week.
- Martha Laning is the new Democratic Party chair in Wisconsin. Our media partners at WisPolitics live-blogged the entire convention.
- WisPolitics also took a straw poll at the convention for Dems choice of the next presidential candidate (Hillary Clinton topped the list with Bernie Sanders not far behind), and next Democratic candidate for governor (Kathleen Vinehout came in first, ahead of Jennifer Schilling, Ron Kind and Peter Barca).
- The New York Times examines Gov. Walker’s conservative allies in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin ranked dead last in the Kaufmann Foundation’s state-by-state ranking of business start-up activity.
- Milwaukee Record has a new listicle of unexpected places to get drunk in Milwaukee.