Charlie Sykes, a violent weekend, and the Brewers limp along.
The news you can use.
- A fatal shooting by a police officer sparked the worst violence in years in Milwaukee over the weekend. Coverage of the events, and the city’s reaction, has been excellent in the Journal Sentinel.
- A lot has been said by political leaders, but this from U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore, seems helpful.
- Conservative radio talker Charlie Sykes expressed some surprisingly frank misgivings about the role of conservative talkers in discrediting the mainstream media, in this interview with Business Insider.
- The Brewers are limping along a dozen games below .500 in their rebuilding year, but slugger Ryan Braun is more than carrying his weight, with two more homers Sunday.
- State Fair is over, but the summer holds another great party this weekend: Milwaukee Irish Fest.