Good morning, and welcome to Monday.
- Wisconsin is the only state to see the life expectancy gap between black and white Americans widen from 1990-2009.
- David Carr of the New York Times wrote about the uncertain future of newspapers after the recent “flurry of divestitures.” Meanwhile, Buzzfeed raised another $50 million in funding.
- The parents of Darius Simmons, a 13-year-old boy shot and killed by an elderly neighbor, won their civil suit against 77-year-old John Spooner, who is serving life in prison.
- On the Pine River Oxbow in Commonwealth Township, where people were tubing on the river, a man was threatening people with a shotgun, and, according to reports, was “claiming the river belonged to him and that he was “King of America”.” He was arrested.
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon has released a new collaborative album under the moniker Jason Feathers, and it’s streaming at Pitchfork.