Like coffee and doughnuts, peanut butter and jelly, and Sonny and Cher. It’s our Morning Links and, well, you. That’s a strong connection:
- Um, ok. A bar in Yukon, Canada is down one severed toe. Seems the bar is famous for its Sourtoe Cocktail, a creation that features – people, I just report this stuff – a mummified, severed toe in the bottom of the glass. Thing is when you drink the cocktail, you’re not supposed to swallow the severed toe. There’s a $500 fine if you do. Well, guess what. Some guy swallowed the toe!
- The wife of George Zimmerman – the Florida man acquitted of second-degree murder charges in the death of Trayvon Martin – says her hubby has “beaten down her self-esteem.” She was also just sentenced to probation and community service for a perjury charge. Of course, Mrs. Zimmerman has done an interview.
- Aren’t you dying to know what happened to cause the separation of Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones? I mean, aren’t we all?
- Food poisoning from spices? Eek. According to a report from the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), common imported spices – like oregano, basil and black pepper – are contaminated with salmonella at “twice the rate” of other imported foods.
- And there’s this: Debunking the idea that depression is a “women’s disease,” researchers are now saying men are as likely to be depressed as women.