1) The Milwaukee Art Museum has partnered with Kohl’s Art Generation Open Studio to bring you Blast of Color. This exhibition will try to understand the principles and elements of poster design through paint. Guests will not only be invited to take part in the workshop but also design their own Op Art posters. The event will take place April 11-16, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., and will be open until 7 p.m. on Thursday.
2) Danceworks faculty will be hosting a dance workshop over spring break. The workshop, In a Galaxy Far, Far Away, will feature elements of Star Wars creativity. The week-long event will take place from April 10-14, and will be open from 9 a.m-4 p.m. (1661 N Water St, Milwaukee, WI 53202)
3) Mitchell Park Domes is currently hosting its annual model train show, The Great Train Robbery. This show combines themes of the Wild West perfectly crafted within fun custom sets. The show also features four G-Scale train tracks that run throughout the track, passing by towns, canyons and rock formations, as well as fun Wild West scenes. This train show started in January and runs through the beginning of April. (524 S. Layton Boulevard, Milwaukee, WI 53215)
4) The Milwaukee Art Museum will continue its focus of the community’s love of art collection, with its event series called Milwaukee Collects. This exhibition will feature a number of rare private collections from Milwaukee residents. Milwaukee Collects will be available to view until May 21. (700 N Art Museum Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53202)
5) Discovery World will be hosting a family Easter egg hunt on April 8. Children are invited to take part in the egg hunt and win several prizes, including a family membership. The egg hunt will take place from 9-10 a.m., at Discovery World Museum. (500 N Harbor Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53202)
6) The Wisconsin Humane Society will be hosting a day-long spring break camp on April 12. Camp Critter teaches kids all about the Wisconsin Humane Society through helping out different four-legged critters. The camp features multiple activities, including crafts, games and plenty of encounters with furry critters. The camp will take place from 9 a.m.–3 p.m. and is for kid’s ages eight to 12 years old. (4500 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53208)
7) The Urban Ecology Center will be hosting an animal feeding on April 15 at its Riverside Park and Menomonee Valley locations. The animal feeding will be free to the public and will allow visitors to help feed the centers’ snakes, turtles and even turkeys. The event will take place for an hour starting at 1 p.m. (Riverside: 1500 E. Park Place Milwaukee, WI 53211; Menomonee Valley: 3700 W. Pierce St. Milwaukee, WI 53215)
8) Kith and Kin is hosting a Youngster Yoga session on Friday, April 7. The Youngster Yoga session provides a playful combination of high-energy activities and basic yoga techniques. The class will use songs, stories and games to teach yoga as well as mindfulness breathing. (1932 E Park Pl, Milwaukee, WI 53211)
9) Kids in Motion hosts weekly “Kids Nights Out” on Fridays and Saturdays. These events allow kids to enjoy snacks, drinks and pizza, as well as a number of activities such as laser tag, art sessions, movies and games. Nights Out go from 6-9 p.m. and feature plenty of staff supervision, allowing parents a night off for themselves. (14135 W Greenfield Ave, New Berlin, WI 53151)
10) Hop on over to the Milwaukee County Zoo on Saturday, April 15 for its Egg day celebration. This event kicks off at 9 a.m with a day-long range of activities ranging from an Easter egg hunt to face painting, and other animal-themed activities.