If you're not going to either of these events, just avoid the area.
There’s a Trump Rally at 7 p.m. tonight. Pres. Donald Trump will speak to a crowd of supporters at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
There’s a Bucks game at 7 p.m. tonight. There’s a Trump rally at 7 p.m. tonight. Both events are anticipating large crowds. The arenas where they are hosted are just one block away from each other.
This is going to be a traffic nightmare.
Naturally, the Milwaukee Police Department has been preparing for tonight’s crowds. They have closed multiple streets in the area starting at noon and until 10 p.m. Here’s a rundown of what you need to know:
- West State Street will be closed between Old World 3rd Street and James Lovell Street.
- West Kilbourn Avenue will be closed between Old World 3rd Street and North 6th Street.
- North Vel R. Pillips Street will be closed between West Wells Street and 1034 N. Vel R. Phillips Street.
- North 6th Street will be closed between West Wells Street and West State Street.
- North 6th Street will also be impacted from West McKinley Avenue to West State Street.
You should also know that there are some parking restrictions:
- There is no street parking on West Highland Avenue from Old World 3rd Street to North 7th Street.
- There is no street parking on North 6th Street from West Highland Avenue to West Wells Street.
- There is no street parking on West McKinley Avenue from North Old World 3rd Street to North 6th Street.
Our advice to you? If you’re going to one of these events, go early, and be prepared to spend time (and potentially money) on parking. Note that Fiserv Forum is opening their doors as early as 5 p.m., which is 30 minutes earlier than usual. People have been camping out since last night for the Trump rally, so we promise you will not be the first one there.
And if you’re not going to these events, just avoid the area. There is a lot going on tonight and you can watch coverage of all of it on TV or online.