Read what we’re reading this morning:
- Building on an investigation by USA Today, Gannett Wisconsin looked into the level of diversity found in Wisconsin’s small-to-medium sized police departments and found “little.”
- The question of whether the chief justice of the Wisconsin Supreme Court should be elected by his/her peers or fall to its most senior member will go to voters in a referendum.
- The Ebola outbreak is still going on, and a drug company may have developed a vaccine.
- The trial of Ross Ulbricht, accused of running the Silk Road website, once a depot for illegal drugs, is breaking new legal ground as it sorts through issues of responsibility, culpability and the internet.
- Huh: More moms are using laughing gas/nitrous oxide to ease the pains of labor.