Swords, knives, bathrooms, tests.
Chew on these:
- Retailer REI is closing on Black Friday this year in an effort to get employees and customers outdoors.
- Wisconsinites may soon be able to carry concealed knives (and swords!) without a permit.
- Meet the Milwaukee woman who works with veterans coping with mental illness, and then uses hair styling as her own form of stress relief.
- The state’s K-12 students might soon be able to opt out of all standardized testing on both state and federal levels.
- The Cap Times has learned the president of Wisconsin Family Action, Julaine Appling, is behind the bill to make school bathrooms exclusive to one gender, meaning “transgender students would be required to use facilities designated for their biological gender, not the gender with which they identify,” according to the report.