The news you just might be able to use:
- President Obama has now weighed in on the right-to-work bill, which Gov. Walker signed into law yesterday at Badger Meter.
- Federal cuts to food aid like FoodShare benefits, which will total “about $276 million” in cuts this year in Wisconsin alone, has meant food pantries in Milwaukee and around the state are scrambling to meet demand. Read the Milwaukee NNS report.
- Mayor Tom Barrett is not impressed with Gov. Walker’s support of the Republican-backed bill that would eliminate the state’s 48-hour waiting period for purchasing handguns. The law is “just another notch in his belt,” the mayor told the JS editorial board.
- Sam Simon, one of the creators of The Simpsons, has died from colon cancer.
- Shock, awe, etc.: The tech world is all abuzz thanks to Apple’s new watch.