An Oak Creek flag manufacturer will stop making Confederate flags, Waukesha County elects a new state senator, state Rep. David Bowen makes waves, and we're giving away Summerfest tickets!
Good morning, and welcome to Wednesday.
- America’s largest manufacturer of flags and flagpoles — Oak Creek-based Eder Manufacturing — will no longer sell or manufacture Confederate flags.
- Barring a shocking Democratic upset in Waukesha County, Chris Kapenga will be the newest state senator after winning the 33rd Senate District Republican primary. WisPolitics has more.
- State Rep. David Bowen of Milwaukee released a statement on the “white supremacist terrorist attack on Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina” that is particularly critical of “mainstream conservative media,” raising several concerns about racism and hatred.
- National Journal says “no Republican presidential aspirant has a stake in the Supreme Court case that could invalidate the Affordable Care Act’s tax subsidies for millions of Americans quite like Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.”
- Summerfest begins today (we’re excited!) and we’ll giving away FREE tickets on our Facebook page today.