A massive gang crackdown in Milwaukee, a handgun bill in the legislature, Assurant Health closes, the County Board holds a public hearing, and LeBron James' NBA Finals performance.
Good morning, and welcome to Wednesday.
- Led by the MPD-FBI Gang Task Force, 150 officers from several departments of law enforcement executed a gang crackdown on Milwaukee’s North Side, arresting 13 in an effort to “disrupt” the operations of two “violent street gangs.”
- A bill to end the 48-hour waiting period to purchase a handgun was passed by the Wisconsin state legislature.
- Assurant Health is closing, and 1,000 Downtown Milwaukee employees will likely lose their jobs.
- The County Board held a public hearing on the latest proposal for the Park East land. The JS says it was heated.
- Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski says LeBron James is “writing the greatest NBA Finals story ever told.”