What we’re reading:
- Heroin is suspected to be the cause of 16 deaths in the Milwaukee area last week, an unusually high number even amid the increasing amount of overdose deaths in the last few years.
- Grab your popcorn because we’re in for a lively debate (watch it here) when the state Senate takes up the prevailing wage law, among other budget items in its special session today.
- While they may not be hosting a block party to celebrate their new outfits, the Milwaukee Admirals are hosting a “ceremony” to unveil their new looks, which seem to (still) feature bones prominently.
- A bus leaves from the Mayfair Collection park and ride on July 17 and will ferry Downton Abbey fans to the Paine Art Center and Gardens in Oshkosh. Why? Thirty-six period costumes will be on display from the first four seasons of the hit PBS show.
- The New York Times reports that today the Obama administration will announce a new solar energy plan that is intended to help low and middle-income people more easily obtain solar energy upgrades, and will also equip housing projects with energy-efficient technology.