The top stories for Tuesday morning:
- Proposed state legislation would make it a felony to use aborted fetal tissue in biomedical research, a longstanding practice for at least one company that has received nearly a million dollars in WEDC money, reports the Journal Sentinel.
- The U.S. stock market opened higher today than it did yesterday, which will come as a relief to some despite the previous three days’ $3-trillion plunge.
- How long will it be before a presidential debate is held on Twitter? For Donald Trump, we’re guessing not soon enough.
- An appeals court ruled that the FTC can sue a company for being hacked, says Wired.
- The New York Times picked up the story on Waukesha’s request for Lake Michigan water – a request that is a “major test” for the 2008 Great Lakes compact.