Democracy was in action yesterday, but it seems most everyone is talking about the Bucks, and it’s not because of their on-court product.
- Low turnout was expected for yesterday’s elections, and that meant a pair of Wisconsin races were apparently decided by a single vote.
- Locally, family legacies were given a boost as two seats on the Milwaukee County Board were awarded to Supreme Moore Omokunde (son of U.S. Rep Gwen Moore) and Edward Cullen (son of Milwaukee County Treasurer David Cullen).
- The Journal Sentinel has a complete breakdown of all the Wisconsin results.
- News of confrontations with police stayed in the headlines as a white South Carolina police officer was charged with murder after a video surfaced showing him killing an apparently unarmed black man. And in Ferguson, Mo., voters brought more African-American representatives to their city council.
- But all the water cooler talk seems to be centered on a certain press conference scheduled later for today where the Bucks honchos are expected to finally unveil their plans for a $1 billion arena project.