A smattering of news to peruse with your afternoon tea.
- Yahoo! Politics’ Michael Isikoff is reporting that John Menard Jr., whom we wrote about in our 2007 feature “Big Money,” donated a huge chunk of change to Gov. Scott Walker through the much-discussed Wisconsin Club for Growth.
- Just one day after National Puppy Day, it was reported that there will be no rest for this four-legged publicity machine.
- The New York Times is reporting that there are believed to be no survivors in this morning’s crash of the Germanwings flight that was en route to Düsseldorf. The plane was carrying 150 people, including passengers and crew members.
- According to TIME, quite a few people who have been treated for Alzheimer’s disease were never actually told of their diagnosis by their doctors.
- A new initiative called MKE PLAYS, reports the Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, will try to rehab 12 of the cities most neglected playgrounds.