If you’re reading this, congratulations on being the only one in your office. We’ve prepared some hot and tasty links to help you pass the time.
- The Journal Sentinel has a live blog of everything Black Friday if you haven’t had your fill of retail madness news.
- Literally on the flip side of the register, The New York Times looks at what it’s like to be a working the register on Black Friday. The report says some think shopping bonanza days like this emphasize the need for a higher minimum wage.
- We live in a world that soon may have a floating luxury city.
- Al Jazeera English reports that there are more than 2.2 million Syrian refugees living in neighboring countries, and more than half of them are children.
- Not all dinosaur fossils are completely bone, says The Economist. Scientists have found traces of blood cells and bone tissue in fossils, which may enable them to extract prehistoric DNA. Our hopes of a real jurassic park have not been entirely dashed.