We recommend one dose of Morning Links taken with coffee.
- U.S. Postal Service workers in Wisconsin will join other postal service workers across the nation in protesting postal center closures. In January, centers in Eau Claire, LaCrosse, Wausau and Madison are set to close.
- Members of the Milwaukee Common Council have warmed up to the idea of a Milwaukee-based running festival, which organizers have proposed for next November.
- Does Milwaukee have a maximum capacity for “high-end” apartments? These developers will soon find out.
- In a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e news: Did you know the city’s Housing Authority has an annual spelling bee? Now you do, and the corresponding video offers heavy doses of cute.
- Police arrested 48 members of a heroin ring following an investigation that began last year. Police estimate that the group was bringing in at least $4,000 per day from selling the drug.