It’s from real estate website Movoto, and they’re compiling lists again. Today’s topic: sin cities. Popular culture would have you believe Las Vegas commits the most, but St. Louis, Mo. has since stolen the title. And Milwaukee, ranking fifth, is not far behind.
What counts toward sinful behavior? Well, any good “bastion of ‘sinful’ activities” should include adult entertainment, gambling, drinking, and debauchery. Here are the factors Movoto used to determine these criteria, with corresponding vices:
- Strip clubs per capita (Lust)
- Cosmetic surgeons per capita (Pride)
- Violent crime per year per 1,000 residents (Wrath)
- Theft per year per 1,000 residents (Envy)
- Percentage of disposable income given to charity each year (Greed)
- Percentage of obese residents (Gluttony)
- Percentage of physically inactive residents (Sloth)
Slide show courtesy of Movoto.
The 10 Most Sinful Cities in America By Movoto