Turn to the October issue of Milwaukee Magazine for all your Home and Design needs. Our special home section includes a tour of Joe Pabst’s outrageously artful Downtown condo, an English-influenced kitchen makeover in Shorewood and Milwaukee’s newest fine dining spot, Lupi & Iris. You’ll also read about Nick Hardrath, a local craftsman who carves using urban-sourced wood, and how a simple light fixture change morphed into a to-the-studs renovation of a bathroom.
The October issue also includes:
- A historic profile of Mildred Fish-Harnack, who spent years living on a razor’s edge, smuggling secrets out of Nazi Germany
- A dive into the debate over replacing Highway 175
- Reviews of the new Comet Cafe and The American Club’s Immigrant Restaurant
- An inside look at “The Platespinners,” a group of municipal social media managers battling online trolls for a living
- A profile of Milwaukee singer-songwriter Zach Pietrini, who just released a new album