For the first time since the pandemic, we convened nine of the most interesting chefs in Milwaukee to talk shop for our “Chef Talk” March cover story. The conversation ranged from staffing shortages and diner etiquette to favorite dishes and the future of the dining industry. Plus, we asked them each their favorite dish.
You can hear from some of these chefs (and sample their dishes) at our Chef Event on April 20 at The Bartolotta Restaurants’ Downtown Kitchen. Buy tickets here.
The March issue also includes:
- A profile of Reuben Harpole, an activist whose influence in the city has been so strong for the past 60 years, he’s often called “the second mayor of Milwaukee”
- An in-depth look into the past, present and future of the Native American community in Milwaukee
- The best spots for sandwiches and soup in the city
- New local breweries opening this month
- A celebration of 20 years of art at Brookfield’s Sharon Lynne Wilson Center