Read all about it.
- Republican state Rep. John Nygren and Republican state Sen. Alberta Darling have begun circulating a bill that could have opioid addicts involuntarily committed, reports the Associated Press.
- House Speaker Paul Ryan and Republican Sen. Ron Johnson both support President Trump’s controversial refugee executive order, reports Craig Gilbert. Last evening, Trump fired the acting attorney general, Sally Yates, who announced her office would decline to defend the order in court.
- The president will announce his choice to fill the late Justice Antonin Scalia’s spot on the U.S. Supreme Court this evening. The Journal Sentinel has the roundup of some top candidates.
- India is considering giving each of its citizens an annual stipend.
- The gentlemen over at Milwaukee Record, the city’s eating contest periodical, got “sandwich drunk” and stuffed their faces with two enormous pretzel sandwiches.