A potential marine wildlife sanctuary in our Great Lake, inaccurate word choice, and the city's newest arts incubator.
The doctor recommends regularly consuming newsy bits like these.
- An 875-square mile portion of Lake Michigan, from Port Washington to Two Rivers, has been nominated by President Obama to become a national marine sanctuary.
- Reddit is jumping into the news business with its site Upvoted, says Newsweek.
- The story you didn’t realize you needed: the history of the breakfast sandwich.
- The Sherman Park neighborhood is getting an arts incubator in the former Finney Library, says the Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service.
- A high school freshman in Houston noticed his text book referred to slaves as “workers” when referencing patterns of immigration. The book’s publisher, McGraw-Hall Education, has said they’ll change the wording.