Morning dose of noteworthy news.
- First: Let’s all take a minute to fall adorably in love with Zeus, the 12-day-old sea lion at Milwaukee County Zoo.
- On Monday, MPD arrested 17 individuals near 23rd and Center Street. Four were caught with firearms, while some also had possession of marijuana and ecstasy pills.
- The United States Champion Cheese Contest has kicked off in Milwaukee, with a record 1,885 entries from 28 states.
- The Wisconsin Assembly approved the proposal to increase the state’s maximum speed limit to 70 miles per hour, reports Milwaukee Business Journal. If approved by state officials, the change could cost $238,663 in new speed limit signs.
- The Coalition for Justice is planning a protest Downtown Milwaukee Thursday, March 19, as the disciplinary hearing for Officer Christopher Manney begins.