The news you can use:
- Beginning at 3 a.m. tomorrow, Milwaukee County bus drivers are expected to strike if a deal isn’t reached with their union and the Milwaukee County Transit System. According to the Journal Sentinel, the drivers are reportedly objecting to MCTS’ desire to hire part-time drivers, and “its unwillingness to provide adequate time on routes for bathroom breaks.”
- Haven’t had your morning Joe yet? The Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service profiles Cafe @ Large, a Milwaukee Public student-run coffee shop that is supposed to impart both business and life skills to the baristas.
- The trailer for the documentary I Am Chris Farley, which details the life and death of the Marquette grad and comedian, has been released.
- Assembly Republicans are getting tired of waiting for the Joint Finance Committee to debate the budget. WisPolitics reports that the Senate will caucus today and the Assembly will convene tomorrow.
- The Gray Lady is reporting that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has been the lobbying force behind an international effort to fight anti-smoking laws and trade deals in other countries.