- 2 ounces of Twisted Path Organic White Rum
- 3/4 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce of simple syrup
- 7 drops of Bittercube Jamaican No. 1 Bitters
- 7 drops of Bittercube Jamaican No. 2 Bitters
Shake all ingredients on ice, then strain and serve.
“A lot of people have never had a daiquiri that’s not from a mix bottle. This is the real deal.”- Brian Sammons, Twisted Path owner/distiller
- 2 ounces of Rehorst
- Barrel Reserve Gin
- 1 ounce of fresh grapefruit juice
1/2 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce of Chambord raspberry liqueur
- 1/4 ounce of Campari liqueur
- 1 ounce of club soda
Shake all ingredients except club soda with ice. Strain onto fresh ice in a Collins glass and top with club soda. Garnish with a grapefruit twist.
“It’s not one where the gin is going to be front and center, but it’s kind of the backbone that makes it work.” Matt Tunnell, assistant manager, Great Lakes tasting room
Walker’s Point Sling
- 1 1/2 ounces of Central Standard White Whiskey
- 1/2 ounce of fresh lime juice
1 ounce of turmeric ginger- infused simple syrup*
- 3 drops of Bittercube Bolivar Bitters
- 1 drop of Bittercube Orange Bitters
Shake well with ice, top with club soda and ginger beer, and serve in a Collins glass. Garnish with a lime wedge and a maraschino cherry.
*To make turmeric-ginger simple syrup, steep 4 teaspoons of Rishi turmeric ginger tea in 32 ounces of boiling water for five to six minutes, then remove the tea and add 32 ounces of sugar to the water. Let the sugar dissolve and the water cool.
“The turmeric plays really well with the ginger beer. It’s not overpowering. And with our whiskey a bit more on the sweet side, it mellows out any overpowering spiciness from the ginger beer.” – Edgar Perez, general manager, Central Standard tasting room
‘In the Spirits of Summer’ appears in the June 2015 issue of Milwaukee Magazine.
Purchase a copy on newsstands at one of 400+ locations throughout Wisconsin.
Be the first to get every new issue. Subscribe.