Head to Cathedral Square every Thursday this summer for some tunes.
With the kind of winters we slog through in Wisconsin, summer is an important time to treat yourself to the great outdoors. Jazz in the Park is the perfect way to kick off the season, with free performances running every Thursday from May 30 to Aug. 29.
The music starts at 6 pm in Cathedral Square Park (520 E. Wells St.), but the old-timers know to come early to grab happy hour drink specials starting at 5. Stay tuned to see which 2019 food vendors will be supplying your dinners en plein air, too.
Jazz in the Park isn’t limited to jazz; big band, funk, and reggae are just a few other styles you’ll hear throughout the summer. Check out this year’s eclectic lineup (and take a trip down memory lane and review last year’s eclectic list of musical acts).
Jazz in the Park Lineup 2019
- May 30: Altered Five Blues Band
- June 6: Paul Cebar Tomorrow Sound
- June 13: Bonifas Electric Band
- June 20: Radio Free Honduras
- June 27-July 11: BREAK – NO SHOWS
- July 18: Josh Hoyer & Soul Colossal
- July 25: Dylan Schneider: Jazz Goes Country with FM106.1
- August 1: The Jimmy’s
- August 8: Plaid Hawaii: DJ Night with Brew City Bass
- August 15: The Claudettes
- August 22: Abby Anderson: Jazz Goes Country with FM106.1
- August 29: Eddie Butts Band