Find out more on the MilMag Facebook livestream on Dec. 2 at noon.
What We Do:
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin is the largest hunger-relief organization in the state, with locations in Milwaukee and Appleton. The organization works with over 400 hunger-relief programs, including food pantries, meal programs and shelters to provide more than 53 million pounds of food annually to more than half a million people across 35 counties in eastern Wisconsin. The food bank meets 66% of the state’s food need.
- “We were founded in the heart of Milwaukee and we are still located in the heart of Milwaukee,” says Patti Habeck, president and CEO. “It’s bringing that work to the people who are closest to those in need and who know them best.”
- The organization facilitates large-scale donations from food suppliers and grocers. “We act as that collection arm to do work that a small pantry would not be able to do on their own,” says Habeck. “By working together, we’re able to access more product and achieve more than we would on our own.”
Where Your Money Goes:
- Donations help to feed the one in seven people in eastern Wisconsin facing hunger.
- Every dollar donated translates to four meals for families due to the organization’s ability to purchase food in bulk. There’s particular need for “shelf-stable and healthy foods,” says Habeck.
- Volunteers sort and inventory food donations. Families are welcome to volunteer. (Children must be at least 10 years old.) Check the website for upcoming dates.
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
1700 W. Fond du Lac Ave.