Breathtaking nature. A robust cultural scene. Fiery fish boils. Door County has so much to offer that we thought you could use some help planning your trip this summer. We headed to the peninsula to write this issue’s cover story, “An insider’s guide to Door County. We rounded up places to go and things to do, with 75 ideas for eating, drinking, hiking, swimming, shopping and more.
The May issue also includes:
- Our 2023 Top Docs Listing
- A review of La Cocina del Sur Empanada Bar
- A profile of Dr. David Margolis, a star pediatrician who serves up a dose of laughter to his often direly sick young patients
- A photo essay examining the impact of deindustrialization in Milwaukee
- A deep dive into the impending financial crisis facing both the city of Milwaukee and Milwaukee County.
- How a local mom built her brand and became a full-time content creator
- The stories behind some of Milwaukee’s Little Free Libraries
- A travel guide to Paoli, Wisconsin
- Another installment in John Gurda’s Historic Milwaukee series