After several weeks and 19 official entries, Milwaukee Magazine staff has pared down hopefuls to a fantastic five. We took into account the writing quality, depth of reporting, creativity and overall wit. Now, we need your help. Of these five, who deserves the gig? Who do you want to read more from? And who should we rule out? You can only cast one vote, but all comments will be carefully read and taken into account. Good luck, finalists, and happy voting, Bar Time readers.
1. Spell of the Iron Horse by Kate Clark
2. Foundation by Nick Kotecki
3. At Random by Rebecca Rinn
4. County Clare by Michael Klecker
5. Blackbird, Round 2 by Mark Koenig
*Taking votes and comments into account, Milwaukee Magazine staff will make the ultimate decision.