Wisconsin ingredients feature prominently in our DIY picnic.
1. Brownies, blondies and seven-layer bars are sweet finger food felicity. These are from Whole Foods Market.
2. Lakefront Brewery’s Wisconsinite summer weiss is a refreshing swallow.
3. Caprese canapes on baguette slices from Shorewood’s North Shore Boulangerie.
4. Top Note Tonic’s bitter blood orange soda (made in Walker’s Point) mixed with sparkling water.
5. MKE’s Martha’s Pimento Cheese, a cracker spread-with-cred, and soppressata and chorizo from Madison-based Underground Meats.
6. A boffo bread topping: creamy ricotta with prosciutto and peach, finished with Wisconsin honey.
7. Hard cheeses like Dunbarton Blue (from Wisco’s Roelli) pair duckily with Potter’s Crackers and a Quince & Apple jam. The latter two are produced in our state’s capital.
Where to procure your provisions? Larry’s Brown Deer Market, Glorioso’s Italian Market, Outpost and Whole Foods are all solid sources.