It’s our anniversary! Don’t worry, we got you the gift – a dive into our archives to highlight some of the places we’ve been (and people we’ve met) since our first issue in 1983. From tales of the Milwaukee Mafia to the debut of beloved restaurants like Sanford and Ristorante Bartolotta, we cover decades of Milwaukee’s most interesting stories in this anniversary issue.
The December issue also includes:
- The Seven Wonders of Milwaukee: a jaw-dropping photo essay highlighting some of our favorite local landmarks
- An interview with two top Milwaukee Public Museum officials about the institution’s big move and their plans for the new location
- A profile of Liz Siegel, the Milwaukee Art Museum’s new curator
- A deep dive into the viral phenomenon that is the Milwaukee Public Library’s TikTok account
- A review of the Harbor District’s new dining destination, The Bridgewater
- A Waukesha neighborhood guide