This latest Milwaukee collaboration shows just how the beer dinner trend has evolved into something less-than-predictable. For his July 27 event at c.1880 (1100 S. First St.), owner/executive chef, Thomas Hauck, has six intriguing courses planned, each combined with a beer from Milwaukee’s Good City Brewing (which recently debuted its handsome rooftop patio). Inspired by “classic beer-friendly bar fare,” Wisconsin beer food and late-night imbibing eats, Hauck and c.1880 GM Joshua Wolter have achieved a true Sconnie feel:
- The menu starts with an amuse bouche: “Chips & Dip” served with Good City’s pilsner.
- Course No. 2, “Chix Wings” (blue cheese, orange and Thai chile), is paired with Good City’s Reward, a double IPA.
- The next course, “Fish Broil” — trout, lemon, fennel — comes with Good City Motto Mosaic Pale Ale.
- The fourth course is “Gyro” (pita, goat, feta), partnered with Good City’s Varietal #6, a Belgian Wit.
- Next up is “Country Fried Steak” (crimini, fingerling potato and mustard) with Good City’s Risk IPA.
- The final course is “Ice Cream Sundae” (cocoa, banana, peanut) with Good City’s Detail Porter.
Reception at 6:30 p.m.; dinner 7 p.m.
Cost: $55 per person, including beer pairings. For reservations, call 414-431-9271.