We asked writer and April 2017 issue contributor Eddee Daniel to share with us the reasons he loves Milwaukee. Here are his picks:
- Lake Michigan. Not only does Milwaukee have public beaches and parkland for a front yard in its downtown but also miles of lakefront parks that stretch the length of Milwaukee County.
- Four rivers. All four of Milwaukee’s rivers—the Milwaukee, Menomonee, Kinnickinnic and Root—have been endowed with parkways that enable citizens to hike and bike long distances in natural settings.
- Calatrava. The newly improved Milwaukee Art Museum is the place to go to for outstanding art, and even after 16 years the Calatrava wing with its kinetic roof still seems like a miracle.
- The Domes. The Mitchell Park Conservatory is the best place to go when the weather is lousy; they need to be repaired!
- The theater scene. Milwaukee has so many theatrical offerings it’s impossible to keep up with them all: the Milwaukee Repertory Theater, Pabst Theater, Milwaukee Theater, to name a few.