They say there's no such thing as a free lunch - but a $1 lunch? That's another story.
Ritual is a mobile order-ahead app (like the one Stabucks has — not a delivery app like Seamless or Grubhub) that connects restaurants to customers. It’s a simple time-saving tool to help place, pay for and pick-up food. Customers order ahead, skipping lines and wait times. And from April 22 to May 3, Ritual is hosting a $1 Food Festival where app users will be able to purchase various food items for only $1 each.
Here’s how it works:
Once you download the Ritual app, you’ll see a list of nearby restaurants to choose from — those participating in the $1 Food Festival will be displayed first. You’ll choose which restaurant you’d like to try and add the designated $1 item into your shopping cart. After checking out, the app will then use your location to give you an estimated time to expect your food to be ready for pick-up.
A “piggyback” feature allows up to four colleagues to order from the same restaurant. All must download the app individually, specify where they work and order separately to get the $1 deal. After ordering, one designated “host” becomes responsible for picking up the food for the entire group. The host will then receive bonus points in the app for picking up for their co-workers. Reward points can be used for free meals within the app.
Available in 23 major cities across the world, Ritual’s success in other major metropolitan cities made Milwaukee a top candidate for their food take-out app’s expansions. To kick off Ritual’s Milwaukee expansion, the $1 Food Festival will give Milwaukeeans the opportunity to try up to five new restaurants and five new dishes during the two-week period. Get ’em while they’re hot!
What You Can Get for $1:
- Brick 3 Pizza – Pepperoni and Sausage or Mac Cheese Slice and Soda
- Thai-namite – Sweet Potato Maki Roll or Spicy Tuna Maki Roll or California Maik Roll or Chicken Satay
- Bavette La Boucherie – Cup of Chili
- Ian’s Pizza (Juneau Ave) – Mac and Cheese Pizza Slice
- Bollywood Grill – Chicken Tikki Masala
- Holey Moley Coffee + Doughnuts – 12oz Brewed Coffee and Baby Spice Doughnut or 12oz Brewed Coffee and Powdered Sugar Doughnut
- AJ Bombers – Milwaukee Burger
- My Office – Patty Melt
- CANTINA – Chicken Burrito
- Xankia – Pork Bahn Mi
- Blue Bat Kitchen and Tequilaria – Crispy Brussel Sprouts
- FreshFin Poké – Regular Spicy Tuna Bowl
- Smoke Shack – Sloppy Joe
- Java Corner – Grilled Buffalo Bill Wrap
- colour palate – SxSW Salad
- Meat on The Street – Pork Adobo Bowl
- The King & I Thai Restaurant – Pad See Ew
- Soup & Stock Market – Cup of Chicken Noodle Soup
- The Soup Market – Cup of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- Skyway Cafe – Burger
- Pita Pit – Italiano Pita
- 600 East Cafe – Hero Sandwich or Greek Wrap
- Pastiche at Hotel Metro – BLT Sandwich
- The Coffee Bean – Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich or Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Artisan Ramen – Pork Ramen Tonkotsu
- City Net Jazz Café – All Lattes
- Bento Xpert – General Tao Chicken or Five Spice Chicken
- Coaches – 4-piece Chicken Tender or 3-piece Catfish Dinner or Thigh, Leg, and Wing Chicken Combo and one side
- Marco Pollo – Kuala Curry or The Buddha or the Marcocito
- Aloha Poké co – Big Poke Bowl
- Freshii – Pangoa Bowl