Milwaukee Magazine received 11 awards, six of them gold, in the Milwaukee Press Club’s 2019 Excellence in Journalism Awards, which were announced via YouTube livestream last Friday.
“It just feels great because I have such a talented team, and they work so hard,” says Carole Nicksin, Milwaukee Magazine editor and publisher. “I think we’re really well poised for new and greater accomplishments in 2020.”
Press Club awards are open to Wisconsin print, broadcast and digital media organizations. Below are all of MilMag’s 2019 winners.
- The Unsteady Way Forward by Matt Hrodey, Best Short Hard Feature Story
- The Big Beer Battle by Matthew Piper, Best Business Story or Series
- Character Study by Lindsey Anderson, Best Personal Profile
- Best Overall Design, Paul J. Higgins, Libby Lang, Brock Kaplan, Chelsea Mamerow
- The Big Break, by Libby Lang, Best Single Story or Feature Design
- A Year Out from Wisconsin’s Ryder Cup, Captains Just Need Players by Rich Rovito, Best Sports Story (online)
The Big Break by Lindsey Anderson, Best Long Soft Feature Story
- Making Architecture Indigenous by Mary Louise Schumacher, Best Personal Profile
- Out From the Shadows by Kevin J. Miyazaki, Best Photo Essay or Series
- September 2019 by Paul J. Higgins, Best Single Cover Design
- Best of MKE, by Paul J. Higgins, Best Single Story or Feature Design
For a complete list of this year’s awardees, click here.