The casual Shorewood haunt is a natural for viewing games on the flat-screen. The menu of moderately priced food is heavy on burgers and sandwiches. Thai chicken tacos, pulled pork sliders and the Mediterranean platter are attention-worthy appetizers.
Classics like spiedini, veal Siciliana and rack of lamb combine with the recent addition of pizzas baked in a wood oven shipped from Naples, Italy. The wine chosen must be Italian, and the dessert, tiramisu. Read more…
Scrambled eggs, potatoes and salami; the “super” HP adds vegetables and cheese. Corned beef hash rarely disappoints. Nor does my Jewish deli fallback – a bagel topped with lox, cream cheese and red onion.
Red walls and lots of colorful canvases populate the dining room of this casual Italian a block from UW-Milwaukee. Pastas are the better choices (from a menu that includes pizzas, shrimp scampi and chicken saltimbocca). Start with an app like breaded eggplant or baked goat cheese in tomato-basil sauce.
Cozy and friendly, even if it’s knee-deep with hungry and thirsty and patrons. Wash down your wet burrito or beef tacos (with meat from the family cattle farm) with a potent margarita. Extra props go to the Corazón burger. Read more…
- The 25 Absolute Best Tacos in Milwaukee
- Second Incarnations
- 7 Reasons I Love Milwaukee: C.J. Hribal
- Crack of Dawn
- Milwaukee Lunch Specials for Every Day of the Week
- Milwaukee Sandwich Guide: 41 Sandwiches You Absolutely Need to Try
- Reader’s Choice: Dining Awards 2016
- Summer Neighborhood Series- Riverwest
- Where to Get Cheap Mexican Food in Milwaukee