Cozy and friendly, even if it’s knee-deep with hungry and thirsty and patrons. Wash down your wet burrito or beef tacos (with meat from the family cattle farm) with a potent margarita. Extra props go to the Corazón burger. Read more…
- The 25 Absolute Best Tacos in Milwaukee
- Second Incarnations
- 7 Reasons I Love Milwaukee: C.J. Hribal
- Crack of Dawn
- Milwaukee Lunch Specials for Every Day of the Week
- Milwaukee Sandwich Guide: 41 Sandwiches You Absolutely Need to Try
- Reader’s Choice: Dining Awards 2016
- Summer Neighborhood Series- Riverwest
- Where to Get Cheap Mexican Food in Milwaukee
The third-generation owners offer old family recipes (including the Friday fried fish) with new dishes like Italian shrimp and grits. Also great specials such as Thursday’s $5 burger. Read more…
The menu at Fuel is both eclectic and narrowly focused. It’s narrow in that it’s almost entirely sandwiches (save for a soup of the day and a few burritos and quesadillas, though those are essentially sandwiches anyway). It’s eclectic, however, in what they stuff these sandwiches with. Read more…
The owners furnished this storefront with a salvaged marble-top bar and old church pew seating. The affordable menu offers simple pasta, app and pizza preparations. Favorites: pan-fried gnocchi, grilled calamari and scallops, and penne with salsiccia.
The remodeled, refreshed former Stonefly is back to doing what the space was known for – brewing beer (try the Pomp & Pamplemousse Imperial IPA) and serving food (best bet: fried chicken).