Cut Lines for Sept. 6, 2013
It's that magical time of the year: Fashion Month.
To celebrate fashion month, which kicked off yesterday in New York, this edition of Cut Lines contains a little extra fashion love. Read on.
- Most importantly, watch our live stream of the shows right here.
- After you've opened that screen, read The Times Eric Wilson's piece about the declining popularity of the shows themselves. And then read Fashionista.com's piece that declares the fashion week format needs to be rejiggered. Fashion journalists have turned this into a lively discussion, and it's one that is bound to have far-reaching effects.
- Also on Fashionista - if you're into this kind of thing - check out the street style from Day One. Personally, I get exhausted just looking.
- Leather manicures and pedicures are now a thing. (Spoiler: It just looks like a super matte finish.)
Here's my question to you, style-lovers, would you watch a live stream of the Paris, Milan and London shows? Leave your answer in the comments. Have a great weekend!
- Timothy Westbrook's "Paleontology of a Woman" show on Sept. 21 should be marked in your calendars pronto. Details here.