Cut Lines for Sept. 26, 2013
One showstopping fashion show, a long list of fashion influentials and more.
Sometimes it takes one fashion show to get you excited about an otherwise mediocre fashion month. For me that show was Rick Owens, the California native who shows his minimalist, mostly neutral-colored apparel in Paris. And now that Paris fashion week is upon us, it means the end of fashion month is nigh. And it seems as if the fashion gods have saved the best for last.
- Rick Owens' spring 2014 womenswear collection is making big, bold headlines for its use of diverse models from four Washington D.C. dance groups, some of which were sororities. Some are confused about the intention, but The New York Times' Cathy Horyn called it "terrific." What do you think? Leave it in the comments.
- My choice for critic of the season, Robin Givhan, rounds up Wang for Balenciaga in three words: hipness and joy.
- Business of Fashion launched a lofty "initiative" to highlight the 500 (!) most influential business people in fashion. I don't envy the journalists and editors who had to compile this list, but I will read it with glee.
- Milwaukee's Fashion Week Initiative is wrapping up, but there still the "boutique bazaar" on Saturday.
Did I miss something? Want me to include your boutique in my sales roundup? Let me know! Tweet me @cchanan or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MOdE in Wauwatosa has select denim items on sale for $99 and Stephanie Horne has new denim in from Hudson.