Morning Links for Aug. 5, 2014
Wauwatosa animal cruelty, death by algae and more.
Your morning dose of knowledge.
- Lake Erie is increasingly being "choked" by algae, says The New York Times, and it requires immediate intervention.
- Nonprofit Girls Inc. is hoping to raise awareness for underprivileged women and girls in North America with its latest stirring ad campaign.
- A Wauwatosa woman is being charged with animal cruelty for leaving her Doberman in her car for three hours on an 88-degree day. According to WauwatosaNow, police noticed the dog was in distress, panting heavily and had defecated all over the car.
- A national study has declared Wisconsin has the highest closing costs on new mortgages, but the results are baffling locals.
- Thanks to Wired, you can take a visual tour through Russia's very literally crumbling Communist architecture.