What we're reading this morning is what you should be reading, too:
- Marquette University is holding a vigil for journalist Jim Foley, who graduated from MU in 1996. The vigil is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Tuesday, August 26 on the MU campus.
- One of the bakeries that produces the ever-popular Twinkies bakery item is closing, putting 400 people out of work. The good news is there are still three other bakeries producing this cream-filled classic.
- Salon.com posted a story that argues Milwaukee is the "new Portland."
- Mexican Fiesta brings tacos dinners and Mexican arts and crafts to the Summerfest grounds this weekend, Aug. 22-24. Click here for more info.
- Is the Milwaukee Wave's Sue Black in or out as owner? Out, says Today's TMJ4.