Morning Links for Monday, Aug. 12
A tasteless mask, a taboo name, and a burger on a ramen-noodle bun.
Hey, it's time to get all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with another installment of Morning Links:
- Florida’s Walt Disney World is located a mere 10 minutes from a sinkhole that ate a resort. Minnie and Mickey are safe, as reportedly are the guests who were stay at this three-story building.
- A Missouri State Fair rodeo is under fire for a stunt some are labeling as inappropriate. The source of the controversy was a clown wearing a Barack Obama mask. More here.
- Scratch the name “Messiah” off your baby-naming list. A Tennessee judge has ordered the parents of a 7-month-old boy to change his name, telling the couple that their original choice was reserved for one person.
- You've heard about the crazy lines to get a Cronut at Dominique Ansel's NYC bakery? Scores of people lined up this weekend to try another fad -- the ramen burger (a burger with a ramen noodle bun).
- Do male consumers think diet soda is "kinda girly"? Marketing companies are getting all hot and bothered by the term "gender contamination."