Morning Links for July 2, 2013
Hockey banners, Snowden and healthy junk food.
Summerfest Part II is back today but that won't stop us from dishing out some Morning Links. Read on!
- Yesterday the local Roman Catholic Archdiocese released documents concerning sexual abuse at the hands of its priests. The Journal Sentinel has organized the case files and depositions here.
- Here's your Where In The World is Snowden update for today: According to Gawker.com, he's sought asylum from 21 countries and received eight "no answers." As of now he's still "in transit" in Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport.
- Yesterday marked the memorial for the 19 Arizona firefighters who lost their lives battling an unruly blaze. The New York Times has powerful images of the service as well as a full report.
- The Atlantic's cover story proposes this: Could healthier junk food help end America's obesity problem?
- Attention hockey fans: On July 16, Leslie Hindman Auctioneers will be auctioning off a 1961 Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Championship banner. Details here.